Saturday, March 17, 2012

Glue gun

Aaaw, sh*(&^,  I bought a glue gun.  There is no turning back now.  I like to be all white rapster about it because this is as close to a gun as I will ever get, but that might be a little too poser, even for me.  (Reminds me of that fantastic Smirnoff video from a few years back, Smirnoff Tea Par-tay) Anyway, why did I buy it, you ask? To make Fairy boxes, shorty...Okay I'll stop.
Seriously, I have seven little girls who are requiring presents this month so I thought it was time to get creative. SPOILER ALERT: If my daughter is attending your daughters birthday party this March, this is her gift. I started with some dowdy decorative boxes from Jo-ann's


went crazy with sponge paint, mod podge (to which I added two kinds of extra fine glitter), ribbon bows (a la glue gun), butterflys (paper & fabric), flowers (paper & fabric), birds and gems.  I then personalized them for each child with a stencil from Stencil Ease . I even let Lucy help. In the end, I have boxes that I think would do Tinkerbelle proud (copyright Disney) HINT-If you want to make these yourself, lightly sponge the boxes first to tone down the background and then mod podge it. I did not mod podge them at first and the paint kept chipping off when I tried to glue anything on the box:


Maybe I should revive my etsy site?

1 comment:

  1. Very fancy! Let me know if you ever want a lady crafting playdate!

    ReplyDelete